Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Purgatory

Yep, still here at Addenbrookes. And likely will be until Friday. Turns out it's hard to prove documented weight gain in only 2 days. And Jansen's swabs from GOSH grew some bacteria so now we have to wait to see if the swabs from Addenbrookes grow the same bacteria and if his wound seems infected. We'll know about the swabs tomorrow but the dietician wants to wait until Friday to make sure Jansen is feeding well and gaining weight. So here we are stuck. A step away from the joy of home but forced to wait a bit longer.
Last night I had 3 neighbors with babies that all screamed through the night and were connected to alarms that were going off regularly and so I got very little sleep. I know sleep deprivation does nothing to improve morale, so I'm trying to stay positive. At my good moments I realize that I am here with a healthy baby boy who is feeding well, sleeping well and we are close enough to home for regular visits from daddy and Arie. Praise God, what a gift! Then there are those bad moments when I am DYING to go home, sleep in my bed, shower in my shower, see my precious almost 2 year old who seems older and bigger every time he visits, eat vegetables that aren't cooked to death, and get up at night when only MY baby cries. Those moments are currently bringing me to tears on a regular basis.
Last leg of the journey. God give me strength to finish well.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Praying for you for strength for the next few days! Praising God for your beautiful baby boy!! xoxo

Haley said...

continuing to pray... i hope you can go home on friday!!!