Jansen is 2 and a half months old and doing great! He is growing (last time he was weighed he had jumped up to the 9th percentile), smiling, and all around a healthy boy. I couldn't be more happy, but it is never far from my mind that if Jansen was born at a different time or in a different country or even in different circumstances we may not have him here with us. Other than continually thanking God for his grace and providence in the undeserved gift of being one of those with a happy story, I've felt like I don't know what to do with the overwhelming gratitude I have for all those instrumental in giving Jansen a chance at life. One practical way to give back is to give to the Great Ormond Street Charity so other children can receive the same amazing care Jansen did. The charity also is responsible for providing nearby free housing for parents with kids in ICU which was invaluable to us. I would strongly encourage everyone to donate to the GOSH charity so more kids like Jansen get a chance. Visit
http://www.gosh.org/gen/donate/ for more details. I don't usually ask people to give to specific causes, but this one is close to my...heart. :)
 |
| My Heart Baby (Thanks for the onsie auntie Leah!) |
 |
| Happy Boy! |
1 comment:
wonderful answers to prayer !!
Post a Comment